Cooperative members own a piece of the company and they help steer the direction of the
company through the elected Board Members.
ASTAC supports the communities in multiple ways
* Award two scholarships each year
* Major supporter of the North Slope Borough School District's Battle of the Books program
* Major sponsor of Piuraagiaqta's Top of the World golf tournament
* Participate in Barrow's 4th of July parade
* During the Cooperative’s Annual Meetings, door prizes include $400 gas
vouchers (one each per village, except Prudhoe Bay) and $7,200 in cash
(across all villages)
* Our Barrow employees shop and support local businesses
Record of Service
ASTAC provides high quality and reliable service by having local management, customer service and
technicians available in the locations we serve which allows us to respond quickly and efficiently.
Return on Investment
ASTAC reinvests earnings into high quality new services. For example; upgrades will be made to the network
in 2015 which will expand coverage and bring 3G/4G speeds across the North Slope. As new services
are adopted by the membership, revenues have continued to grow. Capital credits are being allocated to
our members when we have a positive tax net income.