1. How do I view PDF files on the ASTAC website?
To view PDF files on the ASTAC website Adobe Reader is required. When it is installed you should get a pop-up box before the file opens.
2. My ASTAC account went to collections due to non-payment, who do I contact?
Click Here for Instructions and contact information
3. What Email Settings are needed to ensure I can send and receive emails?
Click to view Email Server Settings
How to configure your e-mail address:
Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook Express
Apple Mail (Mac OS X v10.5 and later)
Apple Mail Setup Assistant
4. How do I stop telemarketer calls?
The Federal Government has established a national registry where you can register to not receive calls from telemarketers.
You can register on-line at http://www.donotcall.gov/ or call toll-free, 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236), from the number you wish to register.
Registration is free.
5. What are Capital Credits?
Capital credits are how the utility assigns a portion of the margin left over, after covering operating expenses, to the member owners of the cooperative.
Capital credits represent a member’s portion of the margin the utility generated, but they are not cash and they can’t be cashed in or used to pay your bill.
Negative margins (operating losses) are used to offset future year’s positive net margin. For additional information view "Capital Credits".
6. What is the difference between a Capital Credit allocation and a distribution?
Capital credits are allocated to member accounts each year and become a permanent record of member equity until retired. Retirement occurs when the
Cooperative is in a strong financial position that allows maintenance and expansion of services and a payment of a portion of member’s equity (their
allocated capital credits). In the past, the Board has chosen to reinvest earnings into new services like wireless. We are happy to report that our financial
position will allow both service expansion and capital credit retirement later in 2011. Thanks for doing business with the company you own.
8. While roaming on AT&T I am unable to originate SMS on Samsung Galaxy S or Galaxy Tab.
Complete the following steps to fix:
- From the main menu, chose Messaging
- Once within Messaging, the lower left soft key will bring up a soft menu, choose settings
- Scroll down to Service Centre Address…note the keypad has a plus sign on the zero key—simply press 0 and hold for a second to get the plus
to display…enter +19073670004
- Exit from the soft menus
Test to assure the fix worked.