Sponsorships & Events
Since 2009, ASTAC has been proud to host a free throw competition in the eight residential villages we serve. This north slope past time is called Swoosh. It is a family-friendly event that brings our communities together for an evening of basketball and a great time to spend with members in our service communities. Along with the competition we have team members available before the event for device sales and any assistance requested.
Since 2009, ASTAC has been proud to host a free throw competition in the eight residential villages we serve. This north slope past time is called Swoosh. It is a family-friendly event that brings our communities together for an evening of basketball and a great time to spend with members in our service communities.
Along with the competition we have team members available before the event for device sales and any assistance requested.
This year's grand prize winner will win a trip for two to the 2024 NCAA Men's Final Four tournament in Phoenix, AZ. All North Slope Borough residents are eligible to participate and need not be an ASTAC member.
Battle Of The Books
Reading rocks! ASTAC’s continued support of Battle of the Books has helped grow the program each year, increasing the number of students taking part. ASTAC’s $15,000 annual contribution to the North Slope Borough School District covers the cost of books and supplies for every school in the district.
Battle of the Books is a reading incentive program for students in grades three through 12.
Goals of the nationwide program include encouraging and recognizing students who enjoy reading, broadening reading interests, increasing reading comprehension and promoting academic excellence.
FIRST Lego League
ASTAC believes in inspiring science and technology leaders of tomorrow. Our support of the NSBSD’s FIRST Lego League (FLL) has helped expand the robotics program from middle school to also include K – 4 and high school students.
ASTAC’s $2,000 annual sponsorship covers the cost of registration and playing fields for each school in the district.
FLL’s objective is to get children and youngsters enthusiastic about science and technology; equip them with the idea of team spirit and to encourage them to solve complex tasks in a creative way. During robotics tournaments participants must solve a tricky “mission” with the help of a robot. They research a given topic within a team and develop a plan for programming and testing an autonomous robot to solve the mission. The FLL Teams have the opportunity to experience all steps of a real product development process: solving a problem under time pressure with insufficient resources and unknown competitors.
- Ilisaġvik College, Workforce Development
- Barrow Whaler Wrestling Program
- BUECI, Annual Meeting
- Alaska Telecom Association, Annual Meeting, Silver Sponsor
- Tigara Education Foundation, 12th Annual Golf Tournament, Golf Team Sponsor
- Alaska Sports Hall of Fame, 100 Miles in May
- City of Wainwright, Community Annual Events
- Barrow Whaler Football Program, Football Training & Skills Camp
- Arctic Slope Native Association, Annual Family Fun Day
- Food Bank of Alaska
- North Slope Borough Inupiat History, Language & Culture Conference
- City of Wainwright, Recreation Department
- Arctic Education Foundation, Ivalu Gala
- BUECI, Annual Meetings
- Slope Services & Repair
- Nalukataq Whaling Crew
- Native Village of Atqasuk, Annual Meetings
- City of Wainwright, Christmas Games
- NSB Dept. of Health & Social Services, Senior Center, Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- North Slope Borough School District, ANSEP Program
- City of Wainwright, Annual July Jamboree
- Ilisagvik College
- Barrow Whaler Athletic Foundation
- Alaska Eskimo Whaling Commission, Whaling Captains’ Convention
- Ipalook Elementary School Choir, Disneyland Choir Workshop
- Alaska Telephone Association, Annual Meeting
- Shoot for the Cure, Cystic Fibrosis Fundraiser
- RINA Wireless
- ASRC, Navigating the North Innovation Summit
- City of Point Hope, July 4th Community Celebration
- North Slope Borough, Kivgiq
- Arctic Education Foundation Banquet Reception
- Arctic Slope Community Foundation Annual Gala
- Tagiugmiullu Nunamiullu Housing Authority Community Open House
- Naqsragmuit Dance Group, Travel to AFN
- Native Village of Atqasuk, Annual Meeting
- Junior Achievement, Statewide School Materials
- Native Village of Barrow, Annual Meeting